COST - $5.95
The Goin' Uptown Tote pattern is a large tote that can carry you through the day! The outer panels are pieced so you
can show your imagination with that special fabric you have been saving. Features include an outer zipper pocket on the
front and the back, a recessed zipper to close the bag, and an inner zippered pocket for added secure storage. There is
decorative piping around the sides and top of the bag for extra style and this tote makes a great diaper bag.
The finished size of the Goin' Uptown Tote is as follows:
- Width at base – 15” (38cm)
- Height – 11” (28cm)
- Depth at base – 4” (10cm)
- Strap drop – 10” (25cm)
- Fabric (i.e. quilting cotton) as follows: Outer and handles – 3/4yd (0.75m), Lining – 1/2yd (0.5m), Piping –
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101)
(based on a 40” (100cm) width) – 3/4yd (0.75m)
- Fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Firm fusible stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 17¾” x 4” (45cm x 10cm)
- Rectangular rings x4 – 1” (2.5cm) size
- Cotton cording – 5/32” (4.5mm) size/size 2, 3yds (3m) long (or 3yds/3m of premade piping)
- Coordinating dress/all purpose zippers – 1 - 7” (18cm), 2 - 6” (15cm)
- Coordinating #5 nylon open end zipper – 1 - 16” (40cm)
- Fabric glue/wash away fabric tape (optional but helps)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including a heavy duty needle
(Universal size 12 or 14).
The Goin' Uptown Tote Bag pattern has a total of 27 pages. There is a one page cover, 11 pages of instructions and illustrations, one page of bag photos, 1 page of labels for the pattern pieces, and 12 pages of pattern pieces including a large page to print at a local print shop if you prefer.