COST - $5.95
The Hang About Toiletry Bag Pattern comes in two sizes which makes it great for both men and women!
This is a pattern for a simple yet functional toilet bag has one main compartment and two smaller zipper pockets -
one on the inside of the flap and the other on the outside of the front panel.
This toiletry bag pattern is designed to be hung up for ease of use, and can be placed on hooks, around towel rails and
over door handles.With handles on either side, the Hang About Toiletry Bag is easy to grab and pack into your suitcase,
overnight bag or wherever you need to hang about.
The finished sizes of the Hang About Toiletry Bag are as follows:
Width - 8 1/2" (22cm)
Height - 5" (13cm)
Depth - 5" (13cm)
Flap length - 8 1/2" (22cm)
Width - 10 1/4" (26cm)
Height - 6" (15cm)
Depth - 5" (13cm)
Flap length - 9" (23cm)
- Fabric (i.e. quilting cotton) as follows: Outer - 1/2yd (0.5m), Piping, handles, d-ring loops, swivel hook loop -
- Fabric (i.e. laminated cotton, PUL or oilcloth) for the lining - 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Piece of clear plastic or mesh for pocket on inside of flap - SMALL: 10" x 7" (25cm x 18cm), LARGE: 12" x 9"
(30cm x 23cm)
- Medium-heavy weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon 808, Formfuse 1600) - 1/2yd (0.5m) (based on a 40" (101cm)
- By Annie's Soft & Stable OR Fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) - 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Coordinating zippers as follows: 2 dress/all purpose zippers for pocket on inside of flap and outside of front panel
SMALL: 6" (15cm) LARGE: 8" (20cm); 1 long pull/4.5mm zipper for main compartment - SMALL: 14" (35cm),
LARGE: 16" (40cm)
- D-Rings x 2 - 3/4" (1.9cm) size
- Swivel hook x 1 - 5/8" (1.6cm) size
- Cotton cording - 5/32" size (4.5mm size)/size 2 - SMALL: 2.5yds (2.3m) long (or equivalent of premade piping),
LARGE: 3yds (2.7m)
- Fabric glue/wash away fabric tape
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies (including binding clips or plastic-coated paperclips for
working with the lining)
The Hang About Toiletry Bag Pattern has a total of 26 pages. There is a one page cover, 17 pages of instructions and photos, one page of finished bag photos, and 7 pages of pattern pieces (to be taped together). This pattern contains over 100 full color photos and is suitable for the intermediate sewer.