COST - $10.95
The Savannah is super roomy and LOADED with pockets to keep you super organized! There are 2 side pockets and a back zipper pocket. Under the flap there is another zipper pocket, 3 large slip pockets, 3 medium slip pockets and 4 pen pockets. Inside the bag is a laptop slip pocket (Or whatever you wish to use it for!) with a button closure, a zipper divider pocket and three slip pockets. The flap closes with a hook and there is an adjustable strap. This bag has MANY uses including Weekender, Laptop Bag, School bag, Book Bag, Nappy Bag, Shopping Companion, Camera Bag and much more......
The finished bag size is 46cmW X 13cmD X 29cmH (18”W X 5”D X 11½”H)
Amount of fabric is a GUIDE only as this may vary depending on your choice of contrast combinations and pocket fabric choices!
The pattern for Savannah has 43 pages of instructions which include 87 step by step color photos. There are 5 photos of the finished bag, printing instructions and test squares to check scale. 14 Pattern pieces are included and cutting measurements are given for the remaining pattern pieces. Measurements are provided in both Metric and Imperial, PLUS a TEXT ONLY version (10 pages) of the instructions comes bundled with your pattern for printing purposes, should you not need or wish to print all of the photos! Simply refer to your electronic versions for photos if needed.
You Will Need-
• Exterior Fabric: Suggested Canvas or Home Dec weight - 140cm (1-1½ Yards) of 140cm (55") wide fabric
• Lining Fabric: Quilting weight - 180cm (1-1½ Yards) of 112cm (40") wide fabric.
• Fusible Interfacing: Light-mid weight - 225cm (2½ Yards) - of 112cm (40") wide fusible interfacing
• Fusible Fleece (Mid weight) - I used Vilene H 640 X50cm -90cm (1 Yard)
• Peltex or similar firm stabilizer. 1 X piece 50cm X 50cm (20" X 20")
• Matching Thread. (Upholstery thread is best for a larger bag that will carry a lot of weight and for sewing thicker layers with a larger machine needle OR if unavailable to you, use Gutermann Polyester, stitching your seams two or three times to reinforce) • 1 piece 12.5cm X 48cm (5" x 19") of Template Plastic or similar firm support for bag base.
• 2 X 36cm (14") zippers for exterior front and back Zipper Pockets A (Or longer, cut to size!)
• 1X 41cm (16") zipper to match your Inside Divider Pocket H
• 1 X 3.8cm (1½") Rectangular Metal Slider for the Strap
• 2 X 3.8cm (1½") Rectangular Rings for the Strap
• 1 X 2.5cm (1") Ring (Inside measurement) for the Flap Hook
• 1 X 4.cm (1¾") long Hook X 2.5cm (1") wide (Inside measurement of strap loop) for the Flap
• 1 X 2.5cm (1") Button