COST - $10.95
The Olivia is a roomy and functional handbag with lots of pockets, including 2 front flap pockets with magnetic catches, two elasticized pockets on the side and a zipper pocket on the back.
The top of this bag closes with a recessed zipper so everything inside is nice and secure PLUS inside you will find another zipper pocket and 2 patch pockets as well! The finished bag size is approximately 41cm (16") X 25cm (10") X 10cm ( 4") This pattern has 37 pages of instructions which include 97 step by step color photos. There are 5 photos of the finished bag, printing instructions and test squares to check scale, with 21 pattern pieces included and cutting measurements are given for the remaining pattern pieces. Measurements are provided in both Metric and Imperial!
Now a TEXT ONLY version (10 pages) of the instructions comes bundled with your pattern for printing purposes, should you not need or wish to print all of the photos! Simply refer to your electronic versions for photos if needed!
Fabric & Hardware : The bag shown in the photo uses Amy Butler home dec weight cotton fabric for the exterior (From the August Field Collection - Knot Garden) and the lining is an Amy Butler quilting weight fabric in a co-coordinating colour. The requirements & instructions are based on this fabric weight combination! Different fabric/interfacing and wadding selections may affect the final appearance of your handbag. This pattern is recommended for advanced sewers.
You will need:
• Exterior Fabric: Home Dec weight - 90 cm (1 Yard) of 140cm (55") wide fabric
• Lining Fabric: Quilting weight - 90cm (1 Yard) of 112cm (40") wide fabric.
• Fusible Interfacing: Light-mid weight - 90cm (1 Yard) - or 115cm (1¼ yard) if adding interfacing to inside patch pockets & zipper pockets - Optional
• Fusible Fleece. Mid weight - I used Vilene H 640 -50cm (½ Yard)
• Matching Thread. (I use Gutermann Polyester)
• 1 piece 10cm X 46cm (4" x 18") of heavy Fast2Fuse or similar firm stabilizer for base such as Peltex.
• 2 X 11.5cm (4½") 12mm (½") wide elastic pieces for the side pockets.
• 1 X 46cm (18") zipper for the recessed zipper closure. (This will be cut down a little during construction)
• 1 X 18cm (7") zipper for exterior back pocket
• 1X 23cm (9") zipper to match your lining for the inside pocket
• 2 X 18mm (¾") thin magnetic snaps for front flap pockets.
• 4 X 3.8cm (1½") Metal Rings for the Straps.
• 3 X 2.5cm (1") Metal Rings for the flap pockets & front decoration. • 1X Zipper Pull (Optional)
• 8 X 6mm (¼") rivets (Optional) for the front strap tabs.
• 8 X 8mm (4/16") rivets (Optional) for the straps.
• Your sewing machine and additional zipper foot
• Scissors & Rotary Cutter and mat (optional)
• Fading marker or chalk
• Pins & hand sewing needle
• Seam/stitch ripper
• Tape measure
• Hammer & rivet setting tools (optional)