COST - $9.95
The Matilda Dance Tote is perfect for popping all of your dancing needs into when you head off to your dancing session! Apart from the roomy interior for your leotards and more, it has two interior elastic pockets, perfect for your dancing shoes and a drink bottle plus two interior slip pockets for hair bands, stockings or other little dance necessities.
With the pattern provided in TWO sizes, you can make one for your little ballerina or your teenage hip hopper or of course, for YOU!
This dance bag tote is also great as an overnight bag, a travel bag, a beach bag, or even a book bag.
PLUS as an added BONUS, included with your tote pattern are instructions on how to make a Faux Leather Handbag from the same pattern with just a few simple adjustments and the addition of some grommets!
Finished bag size = Small = Approx. 30cm (12")W X 28cm (11")H X 10cm ( 4¼") Base Large = Approx. 37cm (14½")W X 33cm (13")H X 10cm ( 4¼") Base
The pdf pattern for Matilda has 25 pages of instructions which include 47 step by step colour photos. There are 4 photos of the finished bag, printing instructions and test squares to check scale. 5 Pattern pieces are included as are measurements for both Metric and Imperial! PLUS a TEXT ONLY version of the instructions (5 pages for the Tote, plus an extra 3 for the Faux leather Handbag) comes bundled with your pattern for printing purposes, should you not need or wish to print all of the photos! Simply refer to your electronic versions for photos if needed! Saves on ink!
Fabric Suggestions: This pattern is designed to be made in a soft fabric such as Foil Jersey and Crepe De Chine as the exterior fabric with quilting cotton as the lining. However it also makes up just great in just quilting cottons. If you use quilting cottons only, you might wish to substitute the sew-in interfacing for a fusible one. I have included instructions for making your own straps BUT a neat alternative would be a coordinating cord!
I also suggest if you are using Foil Jersey or Crepe De Chine or other similar soft stretchy fabric, that you use a quilting fabric, perhaps your lining, for the straps! Tha faux leather handbag would also make up great in a denim or canvas.
You will need:
For The Purple Small Dance Tote:
• Exterior Fabric: Foil Jersey - 50 cm (½ Yard) of 112cm (44") wide fabri • Lining Fabric: Quilting weight - 1m (40") of 112cm (40") wide fabric.
• Sew -in Woven Interfacing: Mid weight - 50cm (½ Yard). (Or fusible such as Pellon SF 101 Shape Flex if you are using Quilting Cottons)
• Fusible Fleece. Mid weight - I used Vilene H 630 -50cm (½ Yard)
• 1 piece 12cm X 29cm (4½" x 11½") of single sided fusible firm stabilizer (I used Peltex 70) or similar firm stabilizer for base.
• Matching Thread. (I used Gutermann Polyester)
• SMALL TOTE: 1 X 30cm (12") piece of 10mm wide elastic for the inside elastic pockets.
• LARGE TOTE: 1 X 35.5cm (14") piece of 10mm wide elastic for the inside elastic pockets
Tools: • Your sewing machine • Scissors & Rotary Cutter and mat (optional) • Fading marker or chalk • Pins • Seam/stitch ripper • Iron • Tape measure • Safety Pin (for inserting elastic) or Bodkin • Aligator Clips (Optional)