COST - $9.95
The Evelyn is not only practical BUT stylish too! Complete with two zippered pockets (One exterior and one inside) to keep your valuables secure.
Two elasticized exterior pockets for your phone or keys, 3 additional inside pockets as well as a pen pocket. With a little patience it is easy to make! Dress it up with some nice shiny rivets & bag feet or keep it simple! The choice is yours! Finished bag size = Approx. 33cm (13") X 20cm (8") X 10cm ( 4").
This pattern is recommended for the INTERMEDIATE sewer and requires a little more time and patience and assumes you have some bag making experience or are an advanced sewer. There are 38 pages of instructions, along with 67 step by step color photos and 10 pattern pieces. There are printing instructions and test squares to check the scale and also included are are 8 pages of text only instructions to make printing out your sewing steps even easier! Measurements are now given in metric and imperial.
Hardware suggestions: This bag makes up great in home dec fabric and faux suede and also makes up nicely in quilting weight fabrics, light weight denim & canvas.
You will Need:
• Exterior Fabric: 90 cm (1 Yard) of 112cm (40") wide fabric.
• Lining Fabric: 70cm (28") of 112cm (40") wide fabric
• Fusible Interfacing: Mid weight - 50cm (½ Yard) Or light weight for home dec & heavier.
• Fusible Fleece. I used Vilene H 640 -50cm (½ Yard)
• Matching Thread. (I use Gutermann Polyester)
• 1 piece of 7cm X 31.7cm (2¾" x 12½") 7 mesh plastic canvas for base. (Trim corners off)OR alternatively you can also use template plastic or similar firm material.
• 2 X 18cm (7") zippers or longer, cut down to size. One to match the exterior and one to match the lining. • 4 X bag feet
• 16 X 8mm (5/16") rivets (Optional)
• 9" of 6mm (¼") elastic for side pockets
• 1 X 18mm (6/8") Magnetic Snap closure
• 5 oval (or rectangle) rings 30mm (1 3/16") across (inside measurement) and no more than 20mm (13/16") deep (inside measurement).
• Your sewing machine and additional zipper foot
• Scissors & Rotary Cutter and mat (optional)
• Fading marker or chalk
• Pins & hand sewing needle
• Seam/stitch ripper
• Iron • Tape measure
• Safety Pin (for turning straps etc) or Bodkin
• Hammer or rivet setting tools (optional)