COST - $6.95
The Emma is a great little 'grab and run' bag when you don't need to take a lot of stuff with you! Complete with a cute little frill and fun plaited strap, the Emma closes with a magnetic snap and has two interior zipper pockets to keep your valuables secure! Great weekend project and you can even use up some of those leftovers in your stash!
Finished bag size = Approx. 16.5cm (6½") X 15cm (6") X 4cm ( 1½"). This pattern is recommended for the BASIC sewer and is relatively quick and easy BUT assumes some prior sewing knowledge. There are 26 pages of instructions, along with 37 step by step color photos and 5 pattern pieces. There are printing instructions and test squares to check the scale and, in addition, there are 4 pages included of text only instructions to make printing out even easier! Measurements are given in metric and imperial.
You will Need:
• Exterior Fabric: 30 cm (12") of 112cm (40") wide fabric. (Or use up your scrap stash and add a contrasting gusset and strap like I have done in the cover photo!)
• Lining Fabric & Frill/Strap Contrast: 40cm (16") of 112cm (40") wide fabric
• Fusible Interfacing: Mid weight - 20cm (8")
• Matching Thread. (I use Gutermann Polyester)
• 2 X 13cm (5") zippers to match lining fabric for the inside pockets Tools:
• Your sewing machine and additional zipper foot
• Scissors plus Rotary Cutter & Mat (Optional)
• Fading marker or chalk
• Pins & hand sewing needle
• Seam/stitch ripper & tape measure
Hardware Suggestions: I like this bag made up from quilting weight fabrics however feel free to experiment with your own choice of fabrics.