COST - $9.00
The Premium Bond Bag is a vintage inspired handbag based on the styles of the early 1950s. This bag is roomy The bag has double handles, can be worn over the shoulder,or tucked under the arm. There is a darted front pocket with a flap, and a shaped top inset. The finished size is approximately 17" (43cm) wide x 13" (33cm) high x 5" (13cm).
½ yard (50cm) of fabric 1 for bag front/back
- ¼ yard (25cm) of fabric 2 for front pocket, and top inset
- ¼ yard (25cm) of fabric 3 for pocket flap and handles
- ¾ yard (70cm) of lining fabric
- 1 yard of 36” firm sew-in interfacing
- ½ yard (50cm) of calico/batting for added shaping (optional)
- ½ yard (50cm) of fusible interfacing for handles, pocket flap, and top inset
- 1 magnetic snap set
- Plastic canvas or similar to stiffen bag base
- 2 vintage buttons
This PDF pattern has 12 pages – 7 pages including photographs, detailed instructions and illustrations, plus 5 pages of full sized pattern templates which you must print on letter (8 1/2" x 11") paper and cut out. As some of the templates are too large to fit on one sheet, you must tape the templates together where shown.