COST - $8.00
The Poacher's Bag Pattern is inspired by British country life in the 1940s but with a practical, updated feel! This bag has a gathered front pocket set into a pieced front with an unusual shaped flap and a template for an interior pocket that doubles as an alternative flap option. This style can be made with a self-fabric strap, or a purchased leather strap attached with tabs. Finished size is approximately 12½ (32cm)H x 15½” (40cm)W.
- 3/4 yard (50cm) of 54” (140cm) wide or 1 yard of 44” (112cm) wide exterior
- 2/3 yard (60cm) of 44” (92cm) wide lining fabric
- ½ yard of 36” (92cm) wide sew-in craft interfacing
- ½ yard of 36” (92cm) wide fusible interfacing
- 1 magnetic snap set
- 2 or 3 buttons approx. 1¼” (35mm) diameter to trim flap
- If using a purchased strap, you will need:
- Leather or vinyl strap approx. 24” (60cm) long with metal ring ends
- Piece of fusible web approx. 4” x 6” (10 x 15cm)
The Poacher’s Bag pattern has 16 pages – 8 pages including photographs, detailed step by step instructions and illustrations, plus 8 pages of full sized pattern templates which you must print on letter (8 1/2" x 11") paper and cut out. All templates are actual size but many of the pieces are too big to fit on one sheet so you will have to tape them together after you have cut them out.
This bag pattern is also available in print format at PursePatterns.com