COST - $8.00
The Melford Messenger Bag Pattern takes its inspiration from the 1940's ARP wardens’ bag! This messenger bag in PDF format has a uniquely shaped flap and front pocket with a distinctly vintage feel. Use 2 contrasting fabrics to make this bag truly unique! The Melford Messenger can be made with a self-fabric strap, or a purchased strap attached with self-fabric tabs. Finished size is approximately Height 14” (35cm) Width 12” (31cm) Base width 2” (5cm). A template is included for a shaped interior patch pocket.
- 2/3 yard (60cm) of 60” (154cm) wide or 1 yard (95cm) of 44” (112cm) wide exterior fabric
- 2/3 yard (65cm) of 44” (112cm) wide lining fabric
- ½ yard (50cm) of 44” (112cm) wide firm sew-in interfacing
- 2/3 yard (65cm) of 36” (92cm) wide fusible interfacing
- 40” x 5” (105cm x 14cm) of fusible web
- 1 magnetic snap
- 3 big buttons (approx. 1½”/4cm diameter)
- Long leather or vinyl strap ¾” (2cm) wide and approx. 36” (92cm) long
The Melford Messenger Bag PDF pattern has 16 pages – 8 pages including photographs, detailed step-by-step instructions and illustrations, plus 8 pages of full sized pattern templates which you must print on letter (8 1/2" x 11") paper and cut out. All templates are actual size but many of the pieces are too big to fit on one sheet so you will have to tape them together after you have cut them out.
This pattern is also available in print format at PursePatterns.com