COST - $9.00
The Land Army Bag Pattern is a PDF sewing pattern with instructions for a contrasting flat bow,a single shoulder strap, and simple dart shaping. The flap can be trimmed with 1940s appliqué images included in the pattern, which must be printed on to an inkjet fabric sheet. The finished Land Army Bag is 12” (30cm) tall (excluding handle) by 15” (38cm) wide.
¾ yard (70cm) of main fabric
- 1/3 yard (30cm) contrast fabric
- ½ yard (50cm) of lining fabric
- ½ yard (50cm) of firm sew-in interfacing
- ½ yard (50cm) of quilted calico, batting or fleece (optional)
- 1/3 yard (30cm) of fusible interfacing
- Piece of fusible web approx 14” x 4”
- 1 magnetic snap set
- 4 buttons
- Plus for appliqué patches:
1 sheet of inkjet fabric sheets for printing images from your PC
Piece of fusible web 9” x 9” (23 x 23cm)
Piece of felt 9” x 9” (23 x 23cm)
This PDF pattern has 13 pages—6 pages of detailed instructions, illustrations and pictures, plus 6 pages of full sized pattern templates which you must print on letter (8 1/2" x 11") paper and cut out. There is also 1 sheet with the coloured appliqué for you to print onto inkjet fabric.
All pattern templates are actual size. As some of the templates are too big to fit on one sheet, you must tape the templates together where shown.