COST - $9.95
This versitale clutch pattern has instructions to make 2 styles of retro clutch patterns based on designs from the 1940's. View #1 has a rounded flap and pleats and View #2 has a shaped flap and a front pocket. Finished size is Height 8” (20cm), Width 12½” (32cm), Base depth 1½” (4cm).
Materials needed for either view:
- 2/3 yd (62cm) of 45” (115cm) wide or ½ yd (46cm) of 54” (140cm) wide exterior fabric
- for front/back, gusset and flap/pocket
- ½ yd (46cm) of 45” (115cm) wide lining fabric
- ½ yd (46cm) of 36” (92cm) wide heavy weight sew-in or craft interfacing for bag body
- ¼ yd (23cm) of 36” (92cm) wide firm weight fusible interfacing for bag flap
- 1 magnetic snap set
- Optional for both views for handle—leather strap measuring approx. ¾” (2cm) wide and24” (62cm) long
- Between 1 and 4 buttons to trim the flap and/or pocket
The Boxford Clutch Bags PDF pattern has 16 pages – 10 pages including photographs, detailed step-by-step instructions and illustrations, plus 6 pages of full sized pattern templates which you must print on 8 1/2" x 11" letter paper and cut out. All templates are actual size but two of the pieces are too big to fit on one sheet so you will have to tape them together after you have cut them out.